Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Wreath

When I saw on Ucreate that the Create with Me craft for March was a spring wreath, I thought I would play along. I didn't have a spring wreath. I liked the idea of this an oblong wreath since it was a bit unusual. I chose greenery and flowers and went to work. I'm not a huge bow person, but it was my best solution to close up the gap at the top. The flowers were both really hard colors to match with ribbon. You can't really tell from the photos, but the ribbon is actually the same color as the edges of the wisteria flowers. These typically aren't my colors of choice, but I know the flowers in the nearby garden [that will hopefully make an appearance soon] are mostly yellows and purple. I'm pleased with it, but I may gift it to someone else when the season is over and make myself one that is more of my color scheme for my new house. . .when that day comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment