Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Bit of Disappointment

I was surprised to find that the block for the BOM quilt was released early. I suppose it's already April 1st in Australia, so really it isn't early for them, just for me. However, I was disappointed when I saw the block:


Now, don't get me wrong-- I like cats. However, since I married someone who is allergic to them, they have fallen off of the list of things that I love because I have to be conscientious of hair and I can't have my own little fur ball to cozy up on my feet at night. Definitely not something I want on my quilt. The design has empty blocks for you to design your own, so I suppose I will have one more empty block to design. I just don't want to design my own before I see what the designers have in store, as I don't want to duplicate. I have a few ideas floating around in my mind and written down on paper, because-- let's face it-- I have a poor memory and will forget those ideas before they come to pass otherwise. I guess I won't be stitching this month. Good thing I have my new Silhouette to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment