Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Scarves

I've had my eye out for projects to make for my annual blog giveaway gift. This year the recipients are 2 of my sisters and my sister-in-law. When I saw this scarf, I thought it would be perfect for my sisters who both work at banks and have to dress appropriately. You can find the link to the pattern HERE.
I came across this cute spring fabric at Joann's and thought it would work well. It has white, black, and gray in it, so I thought it would go well with a lot of clothes that my sisters already have. Now that I'm looking back at the pictures from Make it and Love it, I think that she ironed the ruffles down and I didn't do that. So, to Jenn and Trish who received the scarves, you might give that a try. Here is my version (which I'm not loving against the black and it is a crummy picture in the house instead of in the natural light outside. I am also not much of a scarf person myself, so the model wasn't well chosen. Oh well.).
In the process of making these scarves, my sewing machine ended up dying and I had to run to my sister's house to use her machine to finish them up. I need to get my machine in to the shop. In the meantime, my grandmother was generous enough to loan me one of her machines to use.

I am dying for April to be here! It seems that the closer we get, the longer it takes for it to come. March has been dragging on for me. I am looking forward to the release of the next block for the BOM quilt I am doing. Of course, it doesn't help that I also have a ton of baby projects floating around in my head and April 1st brings the big ultrasound that will tell us the gender of our next little niece/nephew so that I can get to work on checking one or two of them off my list. Bring on April! And spring, and warmer weather, and flowers in bloom. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment