Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Flamingo

Flamingo: a shade of pink for Bernat's Satin yarn (very soft!).

I found this book while wandering Hobby Lobby, waiting for the jeep to have the windshield replaced at Techniglass. I love that Techniglass is in the same parking lot as Hobby Lobby. Very convenient.
I don't typically use the same yarn/colors as patterns. However, this afghan jumped out to me and screamed to be made. Ally needed a blog give-a-way gift, she is expecting a girl, and she's been talking about hot pink gerber daisies (loves them & has a long history with them, even). After ordering the yarn in, I ran out of flamingo with about 4 inches to go. Thus, the drama & inquiries made about flamingo. I finally received the flamingo and finished the afghan, shipped it off, and Ally received it yesterday (thus, the wait for the post, since I didn't want to give the surprise away). Here is the final product. Ignore the bad pictures. I need a better camera.

Now, what to do with the leftovers?

4 comments:

  1. That turned out so cute! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and try using the macro setting on your camera. Sometimes it's marked by a flower. And, play with turning the flash off. Sometimes it makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so awesome that I was mentioned in this post and that the most AMAZING blankie was made for me and my baby girl! It is so beyond perfect and I will cherish it FOREVER! Thank you V! I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leftovers....hot pads....baby blankets.....ummmmmm.....donate to the elementary school.......

    ReplyDelete