We have tons of unused t-shirts here. I've been wanting to try making yarn from t-shirts and finally did last Sunday. It was so easy! I chose to make a rag bag, featured in Erika Knight's book:
This bag took 5 men's t-shirts (the pink were breast cancer awareness shirts) and worked up well on circular needles (the straight needles killed my hands first!). I used the cut off hems from the t-shirts to make rolled fabric flowers and attached them with safety pins so that I can take them off when washing the bag. I wish the picture showed the colors better. I mostly worked on this at the park and it was a great project that was easy to take along. My favorite part of this project is that it was absolutely FREE!
This brings my total to 4 UFO's/WIP's completed. I should have another to add by Monday. With a move coming next week, I doubt I'll make it to 10 in the month, though I have a few in the works that are really close to being finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment