We're heading off for a long drive tomorrow (3 hours). Since Rich won't be accompanying us, I thought Zack might need something to help keep him occupied in the car. We do have a portable DVD player, but Zack has been known to get car sick and has never made this particular trip without getting sick. Needless to say, I want something that will clean up fairly easy and will not be ruined should he get sick.
Somehow I had a stroke of genuis. Since I'm not spending any money on crafts this month, I found an old cookie sheet that never gets used because it's rusty. You can pick up a new cookie sheet for as little as $4 at Walmart if you don't have one lying around.
After using the item, I actually found that this was the perfect size. The cookie sheet fit perfectly on his lap and was just large enough to rest on the arm rests of his booster chair.
These Hotwheels are fairly new on the market-- they are magnetic! Zack loves that they will climb up doors. I will love that they will stick to the cookie sheet and not fall off as he's playing or when he puts it away, causing problems while we're trying to drive.
Seriously, they don't fall off! They do drive down the sheet with good ol' gravity working on them, but they don't fall when they're vertical.
I have plans for the back of the cookie sheet as well. I thought about checkers, tic-tac-toe, etc. but those games all require a second player. I came up with something that I think Zack will have a lot of fun with, but I haven't had time to create it, yet. I'm excited to surprise Zack with his new game tomorrow and will try to have the rest of it done for another surprise before our next long drive.
Linking up:


What a cute idea! My boy would love this.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea for the old cookie sheet! I am going to have to go looking for those cars. Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!
ReplyDelete