Friday, January 22, 2010

Self-Indulgence

After a particularly long week at school, I thought I would enjoy some self-indulgence tonight. I arrived home to find *gasp!* my order from Keepsake's had arrived! I am so excited to begin working on those projects (I ordered 2 purse patterns for myself. . . which one to make??? plus a book full of patterns for little kiddie fun). It was all I could do to not rush upstairs and dig into my stash to find fabric to begin. I MUST finish the two projects that have been sitting in my living room for weeks now before beginning anything new. sigh. I keep them in my living room so that I will think to work on them when I have a few snippets of time. I took out my mindless reading book (currently Pride and Prejudice. I skipped reading it in high school), but when I sat down to read, the computer caught my eye and I thought I would devote an hour to catching up on craft blogs. What fun! I can't wait until May is over and I have time to work on my ever growing list of projects. For now, those purses will sit in waiting as I scrape together snippets of time for crafting.

Of course, my self-indulgence resulted in Zack crunching an entire bag of popcorn on my living room floor by driving his trains over them. Now it's time to go back to being a mom and vacuum up kernels.

1 comment: