Friday, January 15, 2010

Framing, Reframing, and Still Not Happy

I have a problem. A few years ago I stained all of my picture frames that hung on the same wall to match. I only had 8x10's so I used mats and I loved the way it looked. This year, I printed off an 11x14 of one of my favorites, hoping the size variation would be more pleasing to the eye.
This picture definitely needs a different frame. I've never loved this frame to begin with and I HATE the glass that's in it (I know, I know, just get a new piece of glass. It just is never the thing that's on my mind at the right time), but it was what I had. I've bought 2 other frames, trying to get one I will be happier with. This is the newest of the 2 frames. I didn't even bother hanging it up for 5 minutes when all was said and done. It looked terrible with the other frames. It is more bronze-y than the picture shows. I took this picture and its mat from the above frame, put it in this frame, and I like it much better on the wall it's on-- away from the "matching" frames.
This is the first frame I bought. It is a deep mahogany stain. I love it. The trouble is, it looks more black when it's hanging on the wall than I want. Especially on the wall with the "matching" frames. So, I took the mat from the bronze-y frame, put it in this frame with this picture, and I LOVE the results!
Now the only trouble is, what on earth will I do to make myself happy about the picture I was trying to frame in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment