Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Finally Here!

My yarn finally arrived today! Hopefully I will get this project whipped up fairly quickly. I've been so anxious to start it! Cross your fingers for a new post with a finished project soon. The end of the term is Friday, so Monday is a no-school day for me! (ARRA funding-- I can go and get paid if I attend training that consists of poorly done videos that will somehow make me a better teacher, or I can not go and not get paid. Last term I stayed home in my pajamas, had my grades done by noon when the other teachers there were sitting in the training, texting me to complain about the training, and then I had time to play with Zack and get my house cleaned. An extra day at home is definitely worth missing out on only 75% of my normal day's pay. Darn legislators who think teachers don't need a day for grading & getting ready for a new trimester. Now they've gone and hacked up our retirement, too. How do these idiots keep getting put in office?!) Wow. What a rant. I intended to end with, "Monday is a no-school day for me, so I plan on making the most of my time with my yarn."

2 comments:

  1. Sigh. I sat thinking about what idiot legislators we have as we watched the news last night (before the power went out for 4 hours, but that's another story). Do they not know that those kids who are protesting are going to be voters in the next couple of years, if they're not already? Don't ignore them because you think they're just kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably still had a better day doing what yo had to do!;-( But I missed you.

    ReplyDelete