Thursday, April 28, 2011

Some Love for Moms

*If you are Nikki and we haven't made it to your house yet, STOP reading NOW!*

My first project on the Silhouette was this Mother's Day card. I made two versions, one for each mom (mine and Rich's). Very simple and easy, but I wish I had distressed the edges for a bit more interest. I was more excited about using my Silhouette and not thinking about design as much.
I also made this bracelet for Rich's mom. I think it screams her name and I hope she likes it. I was trying to go for pink (her favorite color), but the oval bead choice was limited and it turned out more purple. This was my first experience knitting with beads and I am addicted! I am very pleased with the result. Lena immediately fell in love with this bracelet and keeps telling me she wants me to make her one for her birthday that is coming up.
I haven't finished up the gift for my mom, yet. I will say it involves using my Silhouette. Assuming the project I have in mind currently is the same project I end up finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment