Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Sad, Sad Day

I've had the materials for a crocheted table runner for over 5 years. I finally decided to get to work on it. After many, many hours, I have finished 12 motifs (the pattern calls for 21, but I am making it to go on my entertainment center, so I may have more or less depending on the needed length).
Right after finishing up the 12th motif, I folded it over (as always) to put it away. Only to discover this horror:
Can you see it in the crummy picture? See how the edges are uneven? Somewhere along the way I tightened up my tension so it is not consistent throughout. I always fold it up when I put it away, so I'm not sure how I didn't notice the problem earlier. The sizes are enough different that I don't think blocking will be a good solution. I have to rip back the entire table runner and start again. It may very well go back into a box for another 5+ years. I just can't bring myself to undo all of that work. . . yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment